Monday, August 22, 2011

Trish Keenan and The Mindbending Motorway Mixtape by FRANKKUBB

Following Broadcast frontwoman Trish Keenan's untimely passing to swine flu and pneumonia UK's Fact Magazine brought our attention to a stunning, 16-track mix CD of vintage psychedelic nuggets that Keenan made for a friend by the name of David Brewster just weeks before her death, in December 2010. Brewster posted a link to "Mind Bending Motorway Mix" on Fact over the weekend with the hope that others would share it with the world. In Brewster's own words:




“Trish Keenan from Broadcast passed away on Friday 14th January 2011, she was an amazing, talented woman and will be missed by many.

In December 2010 Trish sent me a mix CD she compiled, I never thanked her. Its called Mind Bending Motorway Mix and I want to share it with you, please pass the link on, share it far and wide, its a little tribute to a (as a friend referred to her today) exhilarating woman.

Sorry I don’t have a tracklist and to be honest I like it that way. I think its less about who you’re listening to on this compilation and more about the fact you are listening to something that Trish took time to select and compile for me and in turn yourselves. Please just enjoy the music."

http://soundcloud.com/abandapart


http://www.mediafire.com/?cbdms78tcqm4el9

No comments: